Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ghosts of the Past...

So... even before 2015 begins, I have some goals I want to share, some may not be possible to complete by December 31, 2015, but there should be some significant progress made:


  • Ultimate Goal 1: 200 lbs or lower
    • Enter the 2015 Color Run for Salt Lake City (8/22/15) - Registration deadline: TBD
    • Enter the 2015 Dirty Dash (6/6/15) - Registration deadline: TBD
      • Hike to Timpanogos Cave
        • While I'm there, tour the cave. It's been 25+ years since I've been there.
      • Hike Dry Canyon again (somehow, I didn't hike anywhere in 2014 after going on a few in 2013)
    • Hit the gym on work days (seriously, how hard is this... I work 4 days a week. There's a gym where I work. No brainer, anyone?)
      • Stationary bike at home on weekdays off (Tuesdays / Fridays and this ties in to another goal below)
        • Take Saturdays off, unless working on any hiking or 5k goal above. (because there should always be one goal that's pretty much a 100% slam dunk).
      • Walk 10,000 steps per day (usually hit 7k + on work days. Walking the dog could get the job done, and would make my wife happy)
      • Get a Physical (because it's been a while)

  • Ultimate Goal 2: Embrace a new hobby
    • Read 30 books (we don't have a TV where the stationary bike is... books/kindle app will work)
      • Placeholder for list of books read in 2015
    • Study coaching for soccer and football (hey, I wonder if there's a book....also because...)
    • Begin process toward alternative teaching certificate (this is a long range goal, I still want to have my third sabbatical at eBay in 2018)
    • Volunteer (in conjunction with my wife's plans, together we'd like to teach our kids the value of helping those who are less fortunate than we are)
So, there we go. Bring it, 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment