Saturday, August 10, 2013

Missing a beat...

I haven't disappeared.

It has been a trying week, though, and my push to be a spartan has certainly been set back by a week. I need to get on the scale and see what damage has been done, but I'm sure it's still something I can recover from.

I have, however, stayed away from sugary soda during this time (I will typically have diet cola - or coke zero). I've been very diligent in making sure that after my initial cup of coffee, or two, in the morning, especially at work, I switch to water and keep it that way. So far so good. I haven't had a regular cherry coke, pepsi or coca-cola in the ... what? last three weeks now? It's helped me keep more on track thank I would have been otherwise.

This week has delivered some grade of stress that I haven't found the motivation to "work out." Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal, but on Wednesday my car was being much louder than normal (it's had a knock in the engine for some time), bad sign. At work that morning I found two emails that had been sent to me on my day off (Tuesday) scheduling me for interviews for different positions the following day. Prep time.

Thursday was just... well, difficult. Went to work and the car sputtered when I got to the light at the freeway off ramp. Went to work all dressed up and had my first interview at about 11 AM. It lasted an hour. My second interview wasn't until 2:45. I got an email about the first interview at about 2:14 indicating that they'd moved forward with another selection. A turnaround that fast indicates that I wasn't seriously considered for the position in the first place. I was just filling some bullshit quota. I was a little annoyed, and the timing was just perfect since I had the second interview just minutes away.

The second interview went better. At least I didn't get any emails before the end of my day, anyway. Haven't heard anything by phone either, so who knows? I don't return to work until Monday after a three-day weekend, so we'll see then, I suppose.

I did take the car into the shop. The engine quit on me three times heading home on Thursday, and two or three times going into the shop on Friday, so it's looking like an expensive fix. But I do have a little support there.

It's time to get back to work.