Saturday, August 24, 2013

Finding a Rhythm...

It's been a challenging week or so. I've tried to keep up with some working out, but having some friends over, drinks, and job change celebrations have kicked my calorie count a bit too high. I'm fortunate to have kept my weight around the same, but that certainly won't be enough.

Last Wednesday I was offered a new position at my job, which I eagerly accepted. I no longer have to take inbound phone calls all day long. Monday was my first day with the new position. Other than feeling a little lost making my way around some new tools, my stress level plummeted to a comfortable low. I didn't have to talk to a single person all day, listened to some music, and basically had a great day overall. I might not be making more money, but keeping my schedule (in terms of the days I work), and the overall feeling of peace is a fantastic reward. I'm looking forward to the new challenges and opportunities that will be presented to me and my new team.

Now, it's about finding that rhythm again to get a workout routine in place. My wife put it best the other day, every day that there isn't a workout is a day lost on the way to becoming a spartan. I don't have an unlimited amount of time here. June 2014 will be here really quick.

Time to go workout...

No comments:

Post a Comment