Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Leg day, Leg Day, LEG DAY!

My legs think they're dying. I'm pretty sure they're not, but they maintain that they indeed are.

Let's show you why:

Squats: 2 x 10 @ 45 lbs (yes, that's the bar - but even squatting with just my body weight is a workout).
            1 x 20

Squats are not my friend; I feel off balance and very unsteady. I'm glad I'm by myself when I am in the gym, because I do a lot of feet shuffling getting in place to where I feel comfortable starting my dip. However, I'm also happy that I actually executed squats, and didn't fall on my butt.

Dumbbell Lunges: 2 x 7 w/ 12.5 lbs dumbbells

Also not my favorite. Upper body weight makes it difficult to maintain the proper stance to execute these safely. I try, but once I get out of balance, that's usually the end. I don't need to hurt a knee or anything.

Leg Curls: 2 x 10 @ 80 lbs
                 1 x 20 @ 80 lbs

Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift: 2 x 10 @ 45 lbs
                                             1 x 20 @ 45 lbs

Another new workout for me, so again I only used the bar to make sure I was working the set properly. Watching myself is not fun either. But, I did something new today, so that's a good thing.

Standing Calf Raises: 3 x 10 (feel the burn!)

Crunches: 3 x 10 (was so tired by this time, lol).

Was supposed to do lying leg raises, too. But after doing crunches, my body said "yeah right," and I managed to do just one.

Me tomorrow:



When I was walking through the lunchroom on the way to my desk, one of the security guards that passes through the gym sometimes when I'm still in there, came through at the same time and asked if I was on my way to work out and I told him I was done for the day and he told me that I was doing a good job with that lately. It's nice to be noticed for something positive like that.

My legs were trembling when I was filling up my water jug (72 oz... more like water tub); just standing there and I feel small muscle twitches in my quads.

It's time to stagger to the breakroom (or as they call it here, the refill station) and get some more coffee. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment