Monday, March 3, 2014

Better than nothing...

Today was difficult to get up and get into the gym. I'd skipped the last two days at work, was dealing with some issues with my house that the weather had decided to show me, and just flat out didn't have the motivation to work out yesterday.

It could have easily slid into another day, or week, or month. I really didn't want that to happen, so last night I made sure I had my meals ready for today at work, got up at 3:30 and got dressed, grabbed my lunch bag and headed right out the door.

Here's where I picked up today:

Bench Press: 3 x 10 @ 105 lbs

Incline Flyes: 3 x 10 @ 12.5 lbs

Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 x 10 @ 12.5 lbs

Dumbbell Side Laterals: 3 x 10 @ 10 lbs

Triceps Extention: 3 x 10 @ 12.5 lbs

Bench Dips: 1 x 6

Yeah, my bench dips are laughable, and so are my dumbbell weights, but part of building strength is getting that stability in check. I don't always feel the most stable lifting the free weights, so I'm working on those to become more comfortable with my abilities.

I really had to fight with myself on the Bench and Incline this morning. I guess something I did working on the house over the weekend strained my right pectoral muscle, so it was definitely complaining as I lifted. It didn't have any kind of searing or sharp pain, so I felt okay to keep lifting, but it definitely made itself heard while I was working.

While my chest, shoulders, and triceps are complaining a bit right now, that's probably nothing compared to what my legs and back are going to be doing on Wednesday when I hit them for the first time in about two weeks.

It's good to be back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment