Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Little Sweat...

I really, no listen, REALLY dislike the heat. If there was ever a time I feel most comfortable it's when people around me are complaining that it's freezing. That's about the right temperature for me. The last few days have been pretty hot. About 102, I think. It's made wanting to do the exercise part of this quest the most difficult to kickstart.

Today was a good day overall. I stuck to my calorie budget. My app says that I only had 1270 calories. But I'm thinking the dinner that Erin made was a little more than just 209 calories (chicken fried rice), but I didn't eat that much of it, either. Portion control, you know.

I also worked out after the kids went to bed (to bed, not to sleep, still working on getting the youngest to go to bed without having to go to the bathroom 5 times a night). Now, the workout wasn't a lot, just about 20 min for some cardio. So it credits me back about 218 calories. The app shows that I still have 968 calories remaining for the day, but I'm betting is somewhere between 600-700.

All in all, I can't really complain, I made sure I had several healthy snacks like carrot sticks and the nature valley oats and honey granola bars that nobody ever wants but are sure tasty when they're pretty much the only option you have.

I also have to say that my little snack bag of cheez-its (with 29 crackers) was probably my best friend today. Gave me a little bit of that salty snack fulfillment without going overboard.

Finally, one of the biggest problems I have is staying hydrated. I've NEVER been a fan of just drinking water. Boring. I did find some flavor enhancers at the store the other day, so I took one of those with me to work. Similar to the powder stuff, but you just give a squeeze or two of this stuff in your water to basically make it kool-aid. I did well today, easily hitting my 8 glasses of water requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment