Saturday, July 27, 2013

Keeping it up...

My wife is amazing. The night before last she went out and basically threw herself into her derby session.

Drills,

Drills,

and then some drills.

1200 calories burned in 2.5 hours. I didn't come close to that. I worked out for close to an hour and a half (keep in mind, it was with a couple of different Kinect games, so load times aren't working out times). I have to step up my game.

A.

Lot.

I worked out yesterday with the Your Shape game I've mentioned before, this game doesn't have the same kind of "downtime" but keeps you moving pretty well. It's also good when you're unable to get out (because the kiddos are in bed). It even gets you running, which I did yesterday. "Running" through the financial district of New York. It's not exactly detailed, but keeps you engaged with interesting tidbits about different buildings you're passing along the way.

After that, it was time to find something for the little ones to do. In July. When it's about 100 degrees outside. Yay. We went to the park. Nobody else was really around.

Kids were getting their wiggles out. Running around the playground equipment. They were having a good workout, for them. I needed one too. Still. Even after their rest time.

I started chasing the kids around playing tag.
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream."
 ~ Emmitt Smith
Yesterday also was kind of a "cheat day" with some friends over, we did indulge in some alcohol and poutine. But I think my wife's workout on Thursday and mine combined from that night and yesterday, along with a pretty low-key dinner (chicken, rice, salad) made up for it to prevent us from getting derailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment