Friday, July 26, 2013

You're gonna run...

If you've stuck along with me this far, then you, like me, know that in something like the Spartan Race, you're going to be running, and jumping, climbing, crawling through mud, getting hit. Seriously, go to the site and watch the video. Plus, the Sylvester Stallone voice over is pretty awesome.

Anyway,  it's just that sometimes, you don't really know what you're signing up for. I know all of that above is part of the race, and yet, somehow it still strikes me how OMG! I'm going to have to run. A lot! I don't like to run.

It's intimidating.

It's fuel.

48 weeks to go.

There's basically a set plan:

Start the Couch to 5k - it takes roughly 9 weeks. That leaves 39 weeks left.

Weight training. None of this is going to work without building muscle.

Endurance. I need to go beyond 5k. I have to prepare my body to be ready to run at least a half-marathon. 13 miles. Wow.

I see some of the videos for the Spartan Race, and see these really fit guys (or so they seem) dropping from exhaustion.

It's fuel.

Training has to be the key.

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." ~ Jack Dempsey
The local recreation center here has an indoor track on the second floor. And a day care center. The cost to use the track without a membership is fifty cents. And hour at the day care for both kids is like $4.00. Hell, if the signs that just scream out "Hey, just get out there and do it!" were any more obvious, it would probably be tattooed on my forehead. Backwards.

Fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment