Thursday, February 13, 2014

One month, part two...

Today's comparison is today's leg workout vs. one month ago when I started for the first time.

JANUARY 13:

Leg Press:
1 set; 10 x 260 lbs
2 sets; 10 x 300 lbs

Leg Curls:
1 set; 10 x 50 lbs
2 sets; 10 x 70 lbs

Leg Extension:
1 set; 10 x 50 lbs
2 sets; 10 x 70 lbs

You can see that I was feeling things out, and trying low weights and then heavier weights that I felt more comfortable with, but still made me work.

FEBRUARY 13:

Leg Press:
2 sets; 15 x 360 lbs

Leg Curls:
2 sets; 15 x 110 lbs

Leg Extension:
2 sets; 15 x 100 lbs

Still doing 30 reps, but condensed into two sets instead of three. Reps 11-15 really kick in the burn. I do them in the same order as listed above, when I got done with the second set on the press this morning, I almost failed to stand up from the machine. My quads locked up and almost didn't respond when I tried to walk. By the time I got done with my leg extensions, I was all jell-o.

After a month, I feel stronger. Not like super strong or anything, but I feel that my legs are handling moving my weight around better, I can pick up my son easier (he's three, so it's not like he's super light or anything). Things are moving in the right direction I think. Now it's time to start stacking more on top of what I've been doing, and just keep working toward amazing advancement.

No comments:

Post a Comment