Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snooze is not your friend...

Getting out of bed this morning was tough. I guess I was just a little extra tired this morning. Still, I got up and started my day at the gym working on my legs. Today felt harder that's for sure. But no shortcuts, or putting the brakes on after two sets of each.

In fact, check this out:

Leg curl: 10 x 100 lbs x 2; 10 x 110 lbs
Leg press: 10 x 360 lbs x 3
Leg extension: 10 x 100 lbs x 3

On the leg curls, I decided after my second set at 100 pounds it wasn't working me hard enough. Funny what adding just ten pounds will do to make your hamstrings burn a bit more.

Even after I was at my desk this morning, my quads kept burning for about 20 minutes longer. The leg press machine has a limit of 500 pounds; I want to hit that some day. I can manage 360 pounds right now, but at 20 pound incremental increases, I don't think it's going to be any time soon. But I'm working on it.

Next Wednesday (arms!) I'll hit one month since I starting hitting the weights here at work. It's been great so far, and my arms feel actually solid. It's going to be a while before they show definition because of the layer(s) of fat over them, but I'm pretty pleased with the progress I'm feeling there.

No comments:

Post a Comment