Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Names have been changed...

This morning I ran into the unfortunate situation where for one moment, I was sure I wouldn't be able to remove my shirt after my workout.

It was awesome.

I did manage to lift my, what, 4 oz shirt?, over my head and change for work, which I'm sure my co-workers appreciate, and I take that as a good sign that I worked pretty hard. Much better than I did on hangover Sunday earlier this week. And my phone is dry and working again, so I was able to track everything as normal.

Deets go here:

1/29/14

No weigh-in until Sunday

Bench press - 10 x 100 lbs x 2; 8 x 100 lbs
Arm curl - 10 x 45 lbs x 3
Lat pulls  - 10 x 80 lbs x 3
Shoulder press - 10 x 40 lbs; 10 x 30 lbs; 10 x 20 lbs
Arm extension - 10 x 80 lbs; 10 x 70 lbs x 2

I also went back and looked at the sets of weights I did my first day which was about four weeks ago. Not a ton of improvement. Still been finding that range where I can complete all three sets at 10 reps each without dropping weight from one set to the next. Clearly my shoulders do not take well to staying at the same weight, and it was really (sadly) tough to push it up the last two reps at just 20 lbs. They're super weak. Never thought my shoulders were so sad.

However, the other weights are stabilizing to hitting all the marks, so in a few weeks here, I expect to be moving up.