Sunday, January 12, 2014

Strike Hard...

I seem to have woken up with a bit of a cold this morning. Runny nose, sneezing, the whole bit.

Still went to the gym this morning. I committed to myself that today would begin a new regiment of lifting combined with cardio. Now unless I get to work at 3:45 AM, the cardio and lifting don't happen in the same trip. I got to the gym at work this morning at 4:10 and did the following:

Weigh in: 295.4

Bench press - 10 x 95 lbs x 3 sets

Arm curl - 10 x 65 lbs; 10 x 55 lbs; 10 x 45 lbs

Lat pulls  - 10 x 80 lbs x 3 sets

Shoulder press - 10 x 50 lbs; 8 x 40 lbs, 10 x 30 lbs

I left the gym at 4:43, and was at my desk at 4:50. Yes, it takes about seven minutes to get from the gym to my desk, partly because I walked back out to my car and put my gym clothes in it, and also because the gym is on one end of the small building, and I work at the opposite end of the large building here.

I'm not proud of the weigh in number. Cardio, as light as it was, was not getting anything done. I have to build some muscle to start burning fat while I'm up working. I plan to walk around a bit today. I can eat at my desk, so I can spend the 30 minutes I'm required to clock out for lunch walking. That'll get me through the cardio part of my day.

I work 4 days a week, so my plans are to repeat above workout on Sundays, legs on Mondays, core on Wednesdays, and treadmill and/or elliptical time on Thursdays. I may also do a little bit of work with the free weights on Wednesdays. Depends on what exercises I can do for core with the equipment available in our little gym.

I think I can still hit my target of signing up to participate (I almost said "compete" - LOL) in a 5k by the end of May. Note that means "sign up" - or commit (pay fees and fill out registration) by May 31.

I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment